Long term management of emerald ash borer in New Hampshire involves actions by homeowners, forest landowners, communities, and state and federal agencies, including:
- Management by homeowners, forest landowners, communities and others.
- Recommendations for homeowners and landowners
- Using Insecticides to Safeguard Individual Trees Against Emerald Ash Borer
- Using growing degree days to correctly time pest management activities
- www.emeraldashborer.info is a comprehensive site with information about caring for trees and managing forests.
- Management of emerald ash borer (EAB) populations and ash trees by state agencies.
- Regulation and the enforcement of quarantines by the N.H. Dept. of Agriculture, the N.H. Division of Forests and Lands and USDA Animal and Plant Health Inpsection Service.
- Outreach and public education by UNH Cooperative Extension and others.
Find Your Zone
Map of managment zones (6/4/2018)
Map of Ash Distribution
Map of ash distribution - zoom in to see better detail.